This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- Implement environmental actions within Seekers
- Monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
- Communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for Seekers.
Seekers respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Seekers commits to the following principles and practices:
1. Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
2. Complying with relevant Australian Commonwealth, State and Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
3. Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including all materials used in spectacle manufacturing, water, paper and energy.
4. Maximising the reuse and recycling of resources, including supplier packaging, client spectacle frames, lenses, and contact lenses.
5. Disposing of waste appropriately, including batteries and e-waste at the City of Yarra recycling centre, and ink cartridges at Officeworks.
6. Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
7. Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel.
8. Encouraging staff to use environmentally preferred products and practices in their virtual offices, including the return of any batteries or electronic devices to Seekers for safe disposal at the City of Yarra recycling centre.
9. Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
10. Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders, as well as making this policy available to the general public.
11. Reporting on Seekers’ environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
12. Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
Responsibility & Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of Seekers.
This policy was lasted updated in April 2023 and will be reviewed by April 2024.
Name of Policy: Environmental Sustainability
Approved By: Jayson Stone, Director & Optometrist
Date of Commencement: 5 August 2022